Wheeler Personal Injury Lawyers
If you sustained an injury due to someone’s negligent misconduct, call Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers immediately to discuss your case with us. We can review the circumstances of the incident to determine whether the other party involved should be held liable for your injury. You might be entitled to financial compensation for the harm you suffered.
We know the devastating effects of getting hurt in an accident the at-fault party could have prevented. You can face disruptions to your daily routine and economic struggles trying to afford your medical bills. You shouldn’t be forced to suffer the consequences of another person’s wrongdoing. Our legal team is ready to fight by your side for the justice you deserve.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
You might assume the process of handling a personal injury case is something you can do alone. Instead of hiring an attorney, you think you can negotiate a favorable settlement with the insurance company yourself. Unfortunately, insurance companies are never on the claimant’s side. They want to save money whenever possible. One way to accomplish that is by denying the claim.
Most people don’t know their rights or the maximum compensation they’re entitled to after an accident. The insurance carrier could take advantage of the fact that you didn’t seek legal representation and intimidate you into accepting a low settlement. Without the help of an experienced attorney, you could end up without the money you need to cover your medical treatment and additional losses.
Why Choose Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers?
At Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers, our personal injury lawyers in Wheeler, IN, received multiple awards from prestigious organizations, including The National Trial Lawyers and Irish Legal 100. We have a reputation for our dedication and the case results we achieve for our clients.
Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers believes in representing people injured by the carelessness of others. You deserve the opportunity to hold the at-fault party accountable for what they did. You can count on us to remain by your side during every step of the process and provide the guidance and support you need. We will work hard to try to secure the available compensation so you can recover and move forward with your life.
Personal Injury Cases We Take
Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers can handle a range of personal injury cases, including:
- Truck accidents – Commercial drivers must have the experience and skill necessary to operate a commercial truck. Maneuvering around other vehicles, pedestrians, and hazardous conditions are challenging. If an accident occurs, you might be able to hold the truck driver or trucking company liable for your injuries.
- Burn injury – Burn injuries are painful and can lead to various complications if left untreated. Limited mobility, scarring, disfigurement, and other issues could arise if the damage is severe. According to statistics, flame burns are the most common type, accounting for 41 percent of all burn injuries suffered in the United States.
- Slip and falls – A slip and fall typically happens when someone slips on another person’s property due to dangerous conditions. Property owners must perform maintenance and repairs to keep their properties safe for guests. Injuries can occur if the owner or an employee doesn’t take the necessary precautions to repair or replace defects.
- Boating accidents – Many people don’t realize the dangers they can encounter on the water. Collisions with other vessels, onboard fires, falls overboard, drownings, and other incidents can lead to severe injuries and even death.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are vulnerable to debilitating injuries in collisions involving other vehicles. Since motorcycles are much smaller than cars and trucks, drivers face visibility issues. If a driver doesn’t see a motorcyclist traveling next to them, they could run the rider off the road.
- Dog bites – A dog can inflict serious harm during an attack. The owner could be liable for the injuries their dog caused if you didn’t provoke the attack.
- Pedestrian accidents – Drivers are supposed to yield to pedestrians when necessary. Unfortunately, distractions, recklessness, and other factors can lead to a collision between a motorist and a pedestrian.
- Nursing home abuse – The staff at nursing homes provide residents with medical care and assistance. Older adults are vulnerable and could become victims of abuse or neglect. The employee or facility owner could be liable if your loved one suffered an injury or death due to negligence or intentional misconduct.
- Car accidents – The aftermath of a car accident can be scary. Another driver didn’t take the necessary precautions and caused your injuries. You could file a claim with their insurance company to recover the compensation you need to pay for treatment for your injuries.
- Wrongful death – Medical malpractice, car accidents, and other scenarios can lead to someone’s death. The personal representative of the deceased’s estate could file a wrongful death lawsuit to pursue compensation for the surviving family’s losses.
- Medical malpractice – Emergency room physicians, surgeons, radiologists, and other healthcare professionals are supposed to provide quality care to their patients. Using unsterilized tools, administering the incorrect medication, and a range of other negligent acts can lead to injuries and death.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicyclists can suffer life-threatening injuries in accidents involving motor vehicles. If a driver doesn’t yield the right of way or drifts into the bike lane, they could collide with a bicyclist in their path.
- Spinal cord injury – A spinal cord injury is one of the most serious injuries suffered in accidents. The damage can cause ongoing pain, limited mobility, and impaired coordination.
- Brain injury – A violent jolt or blow to the head can cause a brain injury. Damage to tissue, nerves, and other structures can lead to a range of symptoms, such as light sensitivity, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. Brain injuries often occur during traumatic incidents, such as motor vehicle crashes, falls from heights, and nursing home abuse.
At Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers, our Wheeler personal injury lawyers are ready to pursue a case on your behalf to hold the negligent party accountable. We will aggressively seek the money you’re owed for the suffering you endured.
Compensation Available After a Personal Injury Accident
The money you recover could compensate you for the losses you suffered after getting hurt in an accident. These losses might include:
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you seek compensation from an insurance claim and the insurance company offers an inadequate settlement or denies the claim entirely, you could proceed with a lawsuit. You must follow a specific timeframe to sue the negligent party. Indiana has a two-year statute of limitations. That means you have two years from the accident date to file your lawsuit in court.
If you were injured in an accident someone else caused, call Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers at (219) 286-7361 right now for your free consultation. One of our personal injury lawyers in Wheeler, IN, will be happy to meet with you to discuss your case and determine what we can do for you.