Valparaiso Car Accident Lawyers
Were you hurt in a car accident in Valparaiso? If so, turn to an experienced Valparaiso injury lawyer at Custy Law Firm for the qualified legal counsel you need and deserve.
Each year, thousands of Indiana drivers are injured in collisions caused by distracted, intoxicated, speeding, or otherwise negligent drivers. In 2017, Indiana Traffic Safety Facts reported that there were over 219,000 collisions, and 834 of those crashes were fatal.
If you were hurt or if you lost a loved one in a car accident, you deserve answers and justice. After an accident, you are likely facing costly medical bills, an inability to work and collect wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering. You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for someone else’s negligence, and our attorneys will do everything in our power to get you the maximum compensation possible, whether through a settlement or a trial if necessary.
At Custy Law Firm, we want to help you get back on your feet and put this crash behind you. Our Indiana attorneys have a strong track record of success when it comes to car accident claims, and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
Our Valparaiso attorneys believe that no one should have worry about how they’ll afford an attorney to represent them. That’s why we represent all of our clients on a contingency-fee-basis. When you hire us, you won’t pay us a single penny until we secure a verdict or settlement for you. There’s no risk to call us and discuss your case, and you’ll pay nothing until we win money for you. Call us today for a free consultation at (219) 286-7361.
Why Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
In the aftermath of a serious injury accident, it is crucial to have someone on your side, protecting your rights, your health, and you financial interests. You’ll undoubtedly have a lot to deal with, from the physical pain of your injuries and medical treatment to the financial concerns of when you’ll be able to return to work and how you’ll repair or replace your vehicle. With an attorney on your side, you can rest easier knowing that someone is looking out for you, and is working to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
After your accident, you will very likely be approached by an insurance company representative for the other party. While the insurance adjuster might seem friendly and concerned about your situation, remember that their goal is to save their company money. They will do all they can to minimize their liability, which means shifting the blame onto you or others. If an insurance representative approaches you, it’s important that you say nothing to them until you retain a lawyer to represent you.
Another important legal service that a car accident lawyer can provide for you is ensuring that you meet all deadlines. Most personal injury accidents have stringent deadlines that you have to follow in order to be eligible to receive compensation. There are specific documents that you must file on certain days. If you miss a deadline, you will lose out on any chance of ever receiving compensation.
At Custy Law Firm, our attorneys work with an extensive network of experts, such as accident recreation experts, investigators, medical professionals, financial experts and more. We work together to collect evidence in your favor, create a solid case, and win our clients the compensation they need to cover their losses and focus on recovery.
Why Choose Custy Law Firm?
At Custy Law Firm, we believe in integrity and honest representation. We believe in providing each client the personalized attention they deserve and making every client a priority. We work harder every day than the last to ensure our clients get the settlements they deserve.
Our lawyers also have the distinction of being named part of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100. We’ve additionally received recommendations from hundreds of our past clients. Our results speak for themselves.
We know you and your family have suffered significant losses due to the negligence of others. Let us help you recoup your losses and move forward with your lives.
Recent Settlements for Victims of Car Accidents
At Custy Law Firm, our attorneys have the experience and know-how to secure the compensation you deserve. Our results speak for themselves. Following are examples of car accident verdicts we have won and settlements we have secured for our clients:
- $1,085,000 for clients’ injuries and losses arising from van wreck with alleged tire detread and intoxicated driver.
- $550,000 for a client injured when a Sheriff’s officer ran a red light and t-boned his truck.
- $248,000 insurance maximum for couple rear-ended at a stoplight in Illinois by a negligent driver.
- $112,500 for losses following rear-end collision.
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries at the hands of a negligent driver, let Custy Law Firm work for you and help you to recover your losses. Call us today at (219) 286-7361 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Negligent drivers are unfortunately common, and they leave severe injuries in their wake. There are many types of negligent drivers, but the following list represents some of the most common causes of car accidents:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is the most prevalent cause of car accidents. If a driver is distracted visually, physically, or mentally, and their focus strays from the road, serious accidents occur. Distracted driving includes texting and driving, applying makeup while driving, using the radio while driving, and anything else that takes the mind off of the task at hand.
- Breaking the Speed Limit: Once a driver chooses to neglect the required speed limit, they are putting themselves and everyone around them at risk of getting hurt. High speeds usually indicate slower response times and an increase in vehicle aggression. The risks involved in breaking the speed limit only increase when driving in poor weather conditions.
- Drunk Driving: Driving while intoxicated is one of the leading causes of car accidents in America today. Drunk drivers choose to endanger everyone with their poor decision making, slower response times, and an inability to operate a vehicle properly.
There are many ways in which a driver can drive negligently and cause severe damage. If you have been injured in an accident with a negligent driver, you could be eligible for serious compensation.
Common Car Accident Injuries
The sheer weight of an average vehicle and the speed at which vehicles move lead to catastrophic injuries. There are so many ways you can be injured in a car accident. The following list represents just some of those injuries:
- Scrapes and Cuts: Hitting your head and other body parts against the window, dashboard, steering wheel, and more can cause serious scrapes and cuts. You are also at risk from any flying debris in your vehicle. While some scrapes and cuts can heal on their own, more serious injuries can require stitches and longer healing time.
- Broken Bones: Any car accident puts an unnatural amount of force onto your body, putting you at risk for broken bones. Some heavily injured bones can necessitate surgery and the inability to work while you heal from your injuries. Ribs are very fragile and can break very easily in a car accident. A broken rib can cause respiratory issues and take months to heal.
- Head Trauma: Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries can cause serious medical issues and far-reaching complications. Surgeries, physical therapy, and an inability to work can all come from head trauma caused by a car accident.
- Internal Bleeding: If not treated quickly after your collision, internal bleeding can soon turn very dangerous and even deadly. Internal bleeding isn’t always apparent and often takes the diagnosis of an experienced medical professional.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: Not all car accident injuries are physical. The stress of a car accident can lead to extreme anxiety and mental issues that can last a long time after the accident. You may need therapy and time off of work in order to heal.
And these aren’t all the types of injuries you could be facing after a car accident. Negligent drivers cause serious, and sometimes fatal, injuries every day by choosing to endanger others on the road.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
In the state of Indiana, you usually have two years from the date of the accident in which to file a claim. There are certain exceptions, and an experienced Indiana car accident lawyer can help you determine when your two-year window begins.
If you miss a deadline or file something incorrectly, you will lose out on any chance of ever filing a lawsuit for the damages caused by your car accident. Contact a car accident lawyer today to ensure that you meet all deadlines and don’t miss out on valuable compensation.
Contact Us Today
If you or someone you know has faced injuries due to a car accident caused by another driver, you could be owed serious compensation to cover medical bills, pain and suffering, therapy, lost wages, and more.
Let Custy Law Firm help you recoup your losses so that you and your family can move forward and get back to what matters.
Contact our Valparaiso attorneys online or call us today at (219) 286-7361 to set up your free initial consultation.