Indiana Delivery Van Accident Lawyers
Over the last several years, millions of Americans have turned away from shopping on-site at brick-and-mortar retailers and have turned to shopping online. The comfort and convenience have been especially valuable during the COVID-19 pandemic. While that is true, this convenience also adds more hurried and heavier delivery vans to our roadways.
Shipping companies of all kinds must adhere to strict guidelines and schedules to make sure that their products are delivered on time, every time, and delivery vans are no different. More often than not, they make their destinations, but sometimes, the rushed, reckless behavior of delivery van drivers leads to a serious accident. In these cases, shipping companies are always going to place their bottom line over your livelihood, and we will not stand for that.
If you have been the victim of a delivery van accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical costs, property damage, pain and suffering, and more. To recover the full compensation you deserve, you need an Indiana truck accident lawyer on your side. We have been doing this for a long time and understand that recovering from a delivery van accident is a difficult experience. You need a lawyer to walk you through the process so that your time and energy can be spent on recovery and not on creating a paper trail.
After an accident, there are specific timelines that must be met and steps that must be taken in order to build a solid claim. You have limited time to take legal action, so don’t wait to contract our warm, friendly, and experienced staff at (219) 286-7361 or contact us on our website. We’re available to meet at a free consultation to discuss your legal options.
Do I Need a Delivery Van Accident Lawyer?
We understand that the idea of calling a lawyer feels scary and expensive to many. However, it is not as scary as it seems, and it is the most important phone call you will ever make after an accident.
Recovering from any automobile accident is a challenging process when you’re trying to both heal and negotiate a complicated injury claims process. When your accident involves a commercial vehicle like a delivery van, an injury claim can quickly become even more complicated.
There are numerous stakeholders involved in product delivery ranging from the driver and their company all the way to delivery van maintenance companies. Each one of the parties is connected to the business but also have their own interests as well. Attempting to hold each entity accountable collectively and individually requires an immense level of experience and skill.
After the accident, you will likely receive phone calls from the other side’s insurance company or attorneys asking for details about the crash. Many of them will appear nice and easy to talk to. This is by design because the more information that you share, the more they potentially have to hold against you and your case.
This makes it very important that you call an experienced lawyer as soon as you can. If you don’t, every one of those parties responsible for your accident may take advantage of your disorientation and lack of experience to significantly limit or even outright dismiss your claim. Do not let your pain and suffering go ignored. Stand up for yourself and your family by calling a lawyer today.
What Kind of Compensation Could I Qualify for?
There are countless ways that you can be negatively affected by the aftermath of an accident. Your losses could be economic damages or non-economic, and they need to be valued and compensated.
Economic damages refer to losses or expenses that have a specific monetary value. The most common types of economic damages that we see are:
- Lost wages – If you lost any wages as a result of missing work, or if your future earning capacity is impacted by your injuries, you will need to provide every piece of documentation you can that details your income and how it was affected. This can include check stubs, punch cards, or anything else that can show your absences, income, and how they are related.
- Medical expenses – Any costs you have endured for your medical treatment caused by the accident. This means that any appointments, medical bills, copays, prescriptions, or therapies related to your recovery will need to be noted. In addition to keeping copies of your expenses, it is also helpful for you to have a copy of your medical records to show the contrast of what your health was like before the accident and what it is now. Having all of these items in place will show undisputed evidence of what the accident has cost you and your family.
- Property damage – Any items you own that were damaged in the accident will be categorized here. The best way to prove the value lost is to either present receipts for the items or have something that shows the cost of the replacement or repair. Included in this is the cost of repairing your vehicle. For items for which you are seeking reimbursement for repair costs, the first thing you will need to do is bring them to a repair shop for an estimate. Having those pieces of information will show how much it will cost to replace what was lost.
Non-economic damages reflect more of what is commonly known as pain and suffering. Here is where any sort of physical, emotional, or mental trauma can be presented. The best way to prove this is to have a daily journal or notebook where you record how your injury affects your daily life, what degree of pain you’re in, and whether your injury has limited your ability to go about your regular life in any way. This serves as a crucial piece of evidence to document your losses. Some examples of pain and suffering include:
- Physical – Severe injuries are very common in these kinds of accidents and sometimes become permanent. Any physical pain that you are feeling either temporarily or permanently qualifies as something that you can be compensated for.
- Emotional – An accident is a traumatic experience, and the trauma is not something that will just go away. There are fears and anxieties that require attention, therapy, and sometimes further medications. Keep copies of receipts and medical records from every session and any related support for your recovery.
- Mental – The stress that comes from trying to pay for expenses without the ability to work is crippling, especially when it wasn’t your fault. If you have been disabled in any way and can no longer enjoy the things you used to because of the accident, that is also valid. The loss of enjoyment of life and any related stress is just as harsh as anything physical and deserves compensation.
Why Choose Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers?
We know there are countless firms to choose from when seeking legal support. To most of them, you are just another name and face who needs help. That is not how we operate. At Custy Law Firm | Accident & Injury Lawyers, we make every effort to get to know you on a personal level. From the moment you walk in until the day we finish your claim or case, you are our priority.
We begin the process by establishing an open line of communication to get to know each other. We believe that the foundation of a good relationship is rooted in trust and familiarity. We build that from the ground up by listening and empathizing with your pain. We will defend you and your family just as we would our own.
If you have been in an accident, you are suffering, stressed, and scared. That is why we are here. Our team is fiercely committed to doing things the right way with the utmost honesty, integrity, and old-fashioned hard work. We have been able to secure hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of our clients, and our highly-accredited staff is ready to jump at the opportunity to serve you.
If the idea of calling us seems intimidating or too expensive, do not let that get in the way. Please know that we truly believe everyone deserves to be treated fairly regardless of what’s in their bank account. We operate on a contingency-fee basis, which means that the only time you pay for anything is if we win. We are here to honor your suffering and set you up for success going forward.
Call an Indiana Delivery Van Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been involved in a delivery van accident, you are likely caught up in a whirlwind of bills, timelines, and confusion. Let us help you catch your breath. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to secure the evidence you need for a solid case. We want to help you move forward. We have defined our careers by going to bat for clients just like you.
Do not hesitate. Call us now at (219) 286-7361 or contact us for a free consultation.